dbServ is an extension to a web server to integrate databases output into your HTML/XML code. You may use any html function in your output. Only the client will stop you.
- This program will run on every machine with the JVM on it because it's written in Java.
- You may use it as standalone server or servlet
- For the connection to a database the JDBCTM package is used, it works with ODBC and any suitable native driver (MySQL, Oracle, ...).
- Keep it simple. Every template (examples: HTML - XML) contains a sql statement and an output part. There is no need of learning a new programming language. HTML/XML code is clear as usual.
- Use this as a counter (database) and for redirection with counting (e.g. adserver)
- Send mails directly from database
- A cache will help you to speed up
- A database example with some scripts (ODBC and MySQL)
- Java sample for connectivity between dbServ and a Java client
- XML sample for a generator of static pages
- PDF sample for generate print pages
- WML sample for WAP handies
- For more examples see here.
- Install samples for JServ, JRun, tomcat engine
Documentation of new tags
How it works
download (contains server and servlet, 508K)
Shop Demo without database connection