AFTrack is the display for your GPS and brings the
world of hiking, biking, sailing, geocaching and more
to your phone. The program handles tracking with smart
and fixed logging features. It sends reports online or
via SMS. It receives SMS position messages and shows
it as way points. It exports tracks and way points,
uses maps online and offline and much more.
GPS and other input
- different gps sources: internal gps, internal with
NMEA, bluetooth gps direct, USB gps, online gps over
Wifi/3G, NMEA file
- read NMEA, GpsD json, Signal K json
- work as gps daemon (nmea or json, port 2947 only)
- share position (replaces standard gps provider)
- connection with AIS server (NMEA format)
- altitude correction (automatic or manual) and Kalman
- pressure usable for altitude (if available)
- pressure start altitude editable
- automatic correction over weather server (needs net
- compute current from COG and CTW
- Mixed mode - read external NMEA but use internal position data
- log all NMEA sentences or selected
- collect track data
- show routes or tracks in up/down hill colors
- export tracks to GPX, KML, OVL, IGC format and send
or upload it
- import route data - GPX, TCX or KML format
- import, export way points - GPX or KML format
- import areas from KML format
- use a kml.txt format to send exports direct via
- design a route or an area on the map
- design a route using BRouter offline data
- design a route using wind information and polar data
- edit a route or an area on the map
- merge some routes
- copy way points to route
- get new way point from bearing, map or position
- add predefined way point collection to map
- revers routes
- Routing in a corridor
- off road routing along the line
- online maps - pool editable, tile or WMS based
- offline maps - OSZ format build by MobileAtlasCreator
- offline maps - SQLite formats mbtiles and sqlitedb
build by MobileAtlasCreator
- offline maps - BSB3 format for marine navigation (OS
>= Android 2.2)
- offline maps - SailTimer™ Chart downloader (OS
>= Android 4.4) see
- offline maps - NV digital for marine navigation (OS
>= Android 2.2)
- offline maps - NV charts new tiled version
- offline maps - mapsforge vector format (needs
Android 2.3 or higher) - with extra xml layouts, language support usable
- offline maps - mph/mpr format (OS
>= Android 2.2)
- use offline maps from jpg, png or bmp files
- use offline maps with calibration file map, gmi,
kml, kal, cal, pwm, tfw or jpr format
- make own calibration for a bitmap
- seamless maps display when using OSZ or SQLite tile
- map selector to have quick access to available
- map scan for a defined folder and sub folder
- map overlays - online pool editable
- map offline overlays - in mbtiles 'overlay' format
- wind indicator for the map or position center
- display depth - if available
- display AIS information, also AIS groups - if available
- display AIS list in profile view - if available
- display ADS-B (air plane) information - if available
- vario display
- vario sound
- alarm on reached POIs
- set anchor alarm for the current position
- set anchor alarm for a way point that receives
positions from a gps tracker
- save and restore settings
- send waypoint or anchor alarm to Android Wear
- Online position sending for live tracking
- Online receive way point positions from a GpsGate
- works as SMS provider (since Android KitKat)
- short message position sending
- short message position receiving
- short message from GPS tracker TK102, TK102-2, TK102
clones, TK-Star, DNT, ELRO, GEODOG, Benefon ESC,
Benefon Trackkeeper NT, WondeProud spt10, Tracker from
tracker.fi, Wo-ist-Lilly or SmartcomGps
- text storage for short messages e.g. for Xexun
- set position from short message
- send sms note to other AFTrack instance and get
- collect short messages to a track, single and
- convert received way point history to track
- getting way point positions from a GpsGate server
The map view can contain some additional data in a dock.
||Menu with available
- start/stop track
- save a way point
- get the current address
- send a position via short message, online report
or share it
- select a dock view
- position center
- map was moved
Select another center logic:
center on position and way point
or on multi tracking points
- gps direction
- compass direction
||Call the info views
||Add a way point
||Add a way point
||Add a way point collection at this
||Search for address
|Bearing to add a
||Ruler to check a
distance or design a route or an area
||The points show a route
||The points show an area
||Generate a route for walking
||Generate a route for biking
||Generate a route for cars
||Exact move of route
or area point
|Change route direction
|Share your route / area
||Confirm changes on
a way point
|Switch to full
screen or back
||Edit way point
on Wind display opens Wind definition dialog
||Start bearing from
||Move way point
|Switch to Multi selection
overlays and transparency
for overlays or areas, anchor alarm
||Select a map,
change to track, route,
way point or area selection
||GPS is valid
||GPS is invalid
locked/unlocked for moving or
tapping on screen
||Track is running
||Route is running
||Back to map view
||Show large cockpit
|Show satellite view
||Show GoTo view
|moves the map
|add way point or
to full screen and return
|switch to position
/ return if activated
|swipe inwards from left
|swipe left to right
||next dock view
|long press on large
|setup large cockpit
|swipe left to right
|next info view
|swipe left / to
|next info view
|setup large cockpit
|long press on list
|Menu for this
Maps are used online or offline (online maps need a net
connection). Parts of an online map are stored on the
sdcard to prevent
the need for too much data (or bandwidth).
You may define your own entries in the map definition file
(maps.xml is found in sdcard/data/aftrack/conf). Zoom
level goes from 2 to 17.
If the selected map doesn't deliver tiles for the current
area you can define a fall back map server.
definitions of online maps changes occasionally.
Here is the latest version - maps.xml
Sample for own changes in maps.xml:
To make OpenCycleMap working without ‘api key required‘ overlay modify the maps.xml configuration file from
<map label="OpenCycleMap" host="a.tile.opencyclemap.org,b.tile.opencyclemap.org,c.tile.opencyclemap.org"
filetype="png" minzoom="2" maxzoom="17" cache="cycle" cr="OSM" />
<map label="OpenCycleMap" host="a.tile.thunderforest.com,b.tile.thunderforest.com,c.tile.thunderforest.com"
filetype="png" minzoom="2" maxzoom="17" cache="cycle" cr="OSM"/>
?apikey=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef can be obtained registering for free to https://manage.thunderforest.com/
Offline maps have to be made in order to use them. Use
tools like the MobileAtlasCreator to get some maps
for your area. Files with approximately 5000 tiles are
useful. MobileAtlasCreator, since version 1.8a7, generates
files with tiles packed in a OSZ file (just a zip file
with the downloads and a calibration info file). Place the
files on your favorite directory and load it into AFTrack
at the map list.
the tiles are written to
a SQLite database,
larger tile numbers
are possible (there
are no tests to the limit,
only statements up
to 2 GB from the net ???).
Use these formats mbtiles
(Mobac: MBTiles SQLite) or
sqlitedb (Mobac: Big
Planet Tracks SQLite, OSMAND SQLite or RMaps SQLite)
Here are Instructions
for generating offline maps with
MobileAtlasCreator and Maperitive
Offline maps without zoom level can be
imported from jpg, bmp or png format. They can be combined
with calibration files in map, gmi, kml, kal or jpr
format. The name of calibration and bitmap file has to be
the same. Note: A
bitmap is stored
completely in memory,
how big can
the map (size = X x Y x 4 bytes).
Maps with tfw calibration are stored as UTM coordinates
without zone information - most times. So please place the
map window near to the map before you import it.
When you are working with different maps for the same area and you
don't want to switch to an other map when zooming, please uncheck 'Auto
map' in map settings.
See OSM-wiki for more online references.
RNC nautical charts special
It is possible to use the online overlays from the
OpenSeaMap project with a standard tile server.
Here you find some available sea maps in BSB3
(Raster Navigational Charts) format:
US area: charts.noaa.gov
New Zealand seems to publish BSB from Nov. 2013 see
or try this site
Brazil Centro de Hidrografia da Marinha
Europe area: SeaNavCD
(German): Baltic Sea, North Sea,
or SeaNavCD (English translation)
or OpenSeaMap Export as bundle
SailTimer™ Sailing Chart plugin
The charts are published for United States, Canada, United Kingdom and
New Zealand. You can download only a part of it and refresh or collect
other parts They are seamless quilted
charts automatically move from one to the next. Free updates; you do not
need to re-purchase the same chart next year. Please see
Nautical maps are also useable but they need a
registration with the CD key.
The best way is to copy the map files into a
folder (e.g. bsbroot/baltic_1) and scan the
directory and the sub folders. When you also copy
the data folder from your chartkit to the sd-card,
then the nautical information is loaded into
the database with the scan process.
For the first installation of chart data there are
1. There is already an installation on the PC
Copy the charts from PC map directory (e.g.
C:\Chartkit\Bsbchart to sd card /maps/ BSBroot). In addition the NV database
(e.g. C:\Program Files
(x86)\NV-Digital\filedatabase.nvdb to sd card
When the chartkit 'data' folder is moved to the
phone, the nautical
information is written
to the database (e.g.
C:\Chartkit\Bsbchart\data to /maps/BSBroot/data).
2. No PC installation, only CD available
The charts are copied from CD
(e.g.?:\nvinst\charts to sd card /maps/BSBroot).
Make sure that the file installdata.txt is also
copied. I recommend for each CD a subdirectory (e.g. /maps/bsbchart/baltic_1).
The copy of the nautical information is different.
See the CD folder ?:\nvinst\data and copy the
folder Moorings to
/maps/BSBroot/data/Moorings. also move
the content of the folder DE (or other
language) to /maps/BSBroot/data.
For an update copy the charts again to the phone
and over write the old ones. Then do a new scan
(found in map settings).
If there is only the update file
(MBS-????-201?-??.exe) and no PC installation
please open the file with a zip manager. There you
find the folder nvinst and data for copy
On a phone
also use a zip manager (eg xzip,
NV-digital new format
can not organize this new database type but if you have installed the
NV charts app the charts are readable in AFTrack. Just do a scan and
Offline vector maps from mapsforge project.
This can be used with the original maps on the mapsforge download or the maps from openandromaps but to get the full
features (coast line, contour lines) of these maps you
will need to load the included theme file. Just copy one
of the xml layouts to the phone and select it in map
settings. When the xml layout contains local referenced
pattern this is also loaded (see as sample the Elevate - Mountain Hike Theme
- just copy xml and folder to phone). You also may use the Elevate 4
version with new features for the maps styling. To get the language
support you have to load a map that carries this information e.g. from openandromaps.
On the phone you may install a theme via the OruxMap or the BackCountry Nav button. Or the manualy way.
Use the map selector on top for a
quick switch between the available maps at your position
(yellow = current map, dark grey = online map). When
online maps are allowed, then the first selector switches
to the online map.
Quick install for mapsforge charts
AFTrack visit the map list. The third button is the downloader. Choose
Mapsforge or OpenAndroMaps and select your favorite chart for download.
It will take some time - OpenAndroMaps needs an unzip process at the
end. Then you will find a new map in your map list.
OpenAndroMaps has some links for overview maps - not in mapsforge format, but very useful.
Making your own calibration
Start with the import of a bitmap e.g. a picture you made.
Select another map to assist you on the calibration
process e.g. a satellite view for the area you want to
In the map list you will see the map with a (nc) sign -
which means no calibration.
With a long press on the list entry you can start the
In the center you have the current xy position on your
map. You can move it to a point you need and then start
with first button (plus).
This adds a calibration point. there are two ways to work
with this point.
- When you tap on the point you can edit the points
coordinates or drop the point.
- Or you select the rectangle button to see the
underlaying map. Now move to the corresponding xy position
to your point and say add (plus button). The underlaying
map must be in the area of your new map.
When you have three points you can save the calibration
with the ok button
Auto map mode
If the 'auto map' mode is selected in the map settings,
the program will select the next map for the current area
from the list. When there are more than one available it's
always the first.
To see the selected offline map, just deselect 'auto map'.
Note: 'auto map'
always selects the best scaling map. So if you use
different map systems, it will be better to switch off the
'auto map' function. E.g. you hold a set of BSB sea maps
(which have no zooming) and a mapsforge map (zooms from
level 2 to 22 ) in the same area. So it could be good idea
to hold both in different folders, drop the map list when
you want to use a special map system and rescan the folder
For BSB nautical charts 'auto map' means, if off is
selected, that the map is shown inclusive with the
border and nautical information. Otherwise the map is
clipped by the polyline and the next larger map is shown
Overlays are displayed on top of the current map. There
are four samples for online overlays (only visible
where data is available). Define others in the conf file
For offline overlays use the mbtiles database format and the type
'overlay'. To see how to generate this please see here.
Offline overlays are loaded as the other maps. They are
marked with a (o) behind the name. They are found behind
the overlay button on the main map view.
The host definition of the overlay need a refresh
sometimes. Here is the last version overlays.xml.
The transparency for overlays is adjustable.
When using mapsforge latest layouts you will also find
there a layout entry to define your favorite layout
elements.Download the plain sqlitedb version.
Tracks are managed in the track list and some settings in
the GPS settings. Export it from the list by hold the list
entry for a longer time. Exports can be made to GPX, KML,
OVL or IGC format. IGC format needs some settings to be
done to get your personal values out.
When depth values are available, they are stored to the
It is also possible to collect a track from the incoming
short messages, this can work as single or multi tracking.
for multi tracking are placed in the folder
aftrack/conf (file trackcolors.txt).
It is a list of hex numbers.
See e.g. HTML Color Codes
Each track point
can be send as short message
or HTTP message immediately after generation.
Routes are useful to show on the map or to guide you to
your targets. Unlike street routing, it only works with a
Corridor routing helps you to stay inside a routing area
and warns you when you move outside. Define the routing
alarm distance to get the desired size.
To design a new route or area see this video.
Routing with BRouter
First install the BRouter from Google
Download the region data you need
In AFTrack select the line button - visible on a long
press on the map.
You will see 2 points and a line. Define your route points
and select the route button to get a list with the options
to walk, bike or drive.
Then press the search button to get a new route. You can
save it by the ok button or leave the routing dialog.
For wind routing visit the display settings and activate
the wind info and the wind routing box.
When the wind gauge is visible you can tap on it to get a
wind info, This normally shows the weather info from the
next weather station. By select 'internal' the wind gauge
shows the wind coming from NMEA data ($--MVR, $--MWD,
$--MWV). There is a special plugin for the SailTimer
Wind Instrument™. It gets wind values via Bluetooth
In GoTo mode the tacking lines are shown from position to
the point. This is also used to get the distance. The
starting line for this is drawn in the background to
remember the plan.
In route planning mode the wind lines are shown from point
to point and the resulting distance is displayed using
wind information. Nevertheless
only the points are saved without
In routing mode the tacking lines are
shown for the first point.
There are small boat settings (in the wind
section of display settings). For now the best angle
to the wind is saved and used for calculations. The
best speed is only used when no other speed
information is available.
It is also possible to activate polar data for the speed calculation.
In the GoTo view there is a wind gauge when wind routing is active.
To design a route with wind, see video.
Import an area in the KML format. It can be displayed in
CTR in Germany
transparency for areas is adjustable.
Way points are organized in groups. So define your special
interest group and add some points to it. Use the import
of GPS or KML formatted files or add the point from your
It is possible to set an anchor alarm to a way point when
you receive short messages for it.
placed in the AFTrack
Format must be PNG. The icon names are synchrone to the
GPX "sym" or "groundspeak:type" tag.
E.g. Geocache 60x60 or Geocache 80x80
It is possible to insert a group of way points in one step
(collection). This option must be defined in display
There is a text file in sdcard/data/aftrack/conf to
define the way points needed for the collection.
By default the location settings of the system are used. When
tracks are recorded, it is recommended to switch off the
There are a number of modes for receiving gps data:
- the internal gps
- the internal gps with NMEA data (belongs to the
hardware), position is extracted directly
- an external bluetooth gps device
- USB GPS on devices with usb host mode
- an online gps (gps daemon) with NMEA output (see catb.org/gpsd)
- a file with NMEA data
1. with new provider
Install an extra Bluetooth gps provider from the
Start with a pairing of the phone and the gps in the
Start the new provider app and select the pairing
parameters. Then the connection can start.
AFTrack will use this position now.
2. with AFTrack
Pair the hardware as before.
Select the bluetooth option in the gps settings and then a
hardware from the device list.
NMEA sentences in use - not that some of these are only
available when AFTrack is connected over WiFi or Bluetooth
with a NMEA stream:
$--RMC - recommended minimum data for gps
$--GGA - Fix information
$--GNS - Fix data
$--GSA - Overall Satellite data
$--GSV - Detailed Satellite data
$--GLL - Lat/Lon data
$--DBK - Depth Below Keel
$--DBS - Depth Below Surface
$--DBT - Depth below transducer
$--DPT - Depth of water (Meter and offset)
$--MWS - Wind & Sea State (wind only)
$--MWV - Wind Speed and Angle (only true wind)
$--MWD - Wind Speed and Angle (only true wind)
$--VWT - True Wind Speed and Angle
-AIVDM - AIS position and info
For users with gpsd interest please see these projects:
Build your own
gpsd on Raspberry Pi
Or use ready to use hardware from vYacht, iKommunicate, Mini-Server (get a discount on Mini-Server)
Or use SEANEXX AIS-Receiver (USB or with wifi module)
Use AFTrack as a GPSD and make your position available to
a PC or tablet without gps.
For testing connect to AFTrack with a telnet program and
after receiving the initial message send a command:
Short message reporting can be done manually or parallel
to a track. This needs some settings first.
Incoming messages are checked for gps sentences which are
processed if found.
Since Android KitKat AFTrack can't delete an incoming
sms, so you could set it with a sms provider.
AFTrack also receive SMS reports (select GGA mode) from
users and store the incoming values as waypoints. For
the name of the waypoint the phone book entry is used -
if not already there. It is possible to receive the GPS
tracker TK102, TK102-2, TK102 clones, DNT, ELRO, GEODOG
For special functions, there exists a template to
individualize the sending text (template sms.txt is
found in AFTrack directory conf). It contains the all
available shortcuts to fill into the message (latitude,
longitude, altitude, date, time, speed, direction and
the address for the position - if internet connected).
If you miss starting a track on incoming position
reports then you can move the history of sms to a track
- you will find this on the context menu of the way
The receive function can be used as an anchor alarm.
Leave a gps tracker (or a second AFTrack version) on
board and set an anchor alarm for its way point.
Basic requirements for the operation of GEODOG
GEODOG collar with software version
reports are recognized
in "TrackSMS" mode . To
activate the this module
send a short message with the following content to the collar
Tracksmson (to switch on)
Tracksmsoff (to switch off)
The collar responds
with a ready message.
After the command is confirmed, the mode is
activated by a 3 second press
on the home button. PLEASE NOTE: GPS
and the Home button
indicator will flash.
It hs now made a new GPS fix.
Once the fix
has been made successfully both lamps shown
From this point on, the collar
sends positions for the last 30 seconds in a 5 block
mode is switched off
a short press on the home
if the collar runs
longer than 30 seconds
the display goes to "sleep mode". Before switching
off do a short push on
the 'on / off' button.
If no network
connection is available, the tracking data are buffered and sent out later if this is possible.
Online reporting means sending your position to a
web site. This can be done in a single step or
automatically with the log. There is a default setting
It can be done automatically with the logging function
or manually from the menu.
If no network
connection is available, the tracking data are buffered and sent out later if this is possible.
It's also possible to share your position using
- GPS Mode - select the input device
- GPS Mixed Mode - get external NMEA data but use internal position
- Selection of a bluetooth device (only visible when BT
- Option to disable bluetooth after app closing
- Online GPS address and port, TCP, UDP or Signal K (works via web socket)
- Share position (replace internal gps provider)
- Work as GPS daemon (use json or nmea data)
- Start a setting dialog for a plugin (only available when a plugin is installed)
- Log Mode - handles the different modes for logging
- Log Mode SMS - handle incoming sms for tracking
- Log Seconds - frequency for logging only used at log
on second (values from 2 to 9999 seconds (30 minutes =
- GPS update settings for seconds and distance
- Automatic log at program start
- Automatic export on track end
- use AIS (NMEA format from local server/receiver)
- AIS server and port, TCP or UDP
- this is also usable for ADS-B reports generated from
the dump1090 software(connect to the port 30003)
- Altitude - select meter or feet
- Altitude correction - the altitude correction is used
- Altitude correction value for a manual altitude
correction. When defined as 0 then the geo id is used,
Geo id is calculated with formulas and values from National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
- Special: when a barometer sensor is found then here
are some more values:
- Use pressure for altitude
- Start altitude for pressure
- Get pressure from the nearest station for correction
(needs net connection, is refreshed every 5 minutes)
- Vario Audio - beeps for sink or climb speed
- Depth - select meter, feet or fathom to display
- Define an offset for the depth
- Position format as decimal degree, degree with
minutes, degree with minutes and seconds or UTM format
- Speed - select knots, miles, kilometers per hour,
meter per minute or miles per minute
- Distance format as nautical mile, mile or kilometer
- Smart angle, the angle for smart logging
- Use filter for altitude, speed, wind to get smoother values
- Speed pause - define the minimal speed
- Use the compass when available
- Use gps direction or calculate the values or calculate it
- show a position history - for orientation on screen
- Write a NMEA log file
- Define a filter to select NMEA data. e.g. "$GPRMC
$GPDPT" writes only these sentences to
- Set the distance for the anchorage alarm in meter
Way point settings
- How to display way points on screen
- Define the way point icon position
- Define the minimal zoom level to display the way
- Show a small line to the way point when in goto mode
- Show start bearing to this goto way point
- Time format in short form
- Use way point collection, shows an extra button to insert a new group of way points
Fill the configuration file 'wptcollection.txt' with own values for a collection
On map only the collection is shown, when tapping on icon the contained way points a displayed
- Load also way points on import of a route
- Track color or 'up/down hill' color
- show only points
- Track line size
- Track restart, generate a new track when x minutes
left and run track is selected (0 = no new track)
- Route color or 'up/down hill' color
- show route direction
- Route line size
- Routing inside a corridor (sends alarm when you get
- Alarm distance for next route point or size of
- import routes without using the date
- opens a dialog for AIS settings
- Use AIS dock with sorted ship list
- AIS small and scaled icons, shows the dimension of a ship
- Show a path for the moving AIS items or select the path icon inside the AIS dialog to show only this item with path
- MMSI for own ship to extract value from display
There is also an option to define a group of AIS items and display it in different color.
Design a text file with name 'aisgroup.txt' and place it into the AFTrack 'conf' folder.
The content is a list of MMSI in each line
- Label size
- Show view direction on the map
- Center tracks/routes on maps or center the start point
- Start with last map view or last position
- Position pointer format, replace the graphic 'pointer.png' in AFTrack conf folder for own designed pointer
- Wind indicator - show the true wind direction with tail feathers
- Distance rings - show rings around the position
- 10 minutes distance - show where is the next position in 10 minutes
- Radius for virtual map center (km)
- Show wind info for the map center (weather data or
- Unit for the wind speed
- Wind routing
- Layline on way point - show wind angles for the current way point (only in GoTo mode)
- Boat settings for best tack angle, max speed on angle, use polar values
- Auto dock - display the dock for the 'view on map'
- change the dock button (map, track, route, way point
or area list)
- Set light always on
- Lock the screen tabbing
- Set display orientation (automatic is not working
correct on all devices)
- Save the settings
- Restore the settings from file
- Define a scan folder
- Scan the defined folder, this also looks for installed map plugins and NV-digital charts
- Scan at start (could slow down the app start)
- Clear the cache for the online map store
- Automatic selection of a map for the current area.
Starts with the offline maps
- Define the cache directory
- Set the cache directory
- Select an online map to use as a fallback map when teh
selected online map is not available in the current area
- Stop the use of a net connection - use only the cached
- Set the position of the zoom buttons to the left side
- Load a new layout for the mapsforge maps (just place
the layout xml and the icon folder where you like)
- Define the text size on mapsforge maps
These settings are for getting way point positions from
Before start a GpsGate connection fill the settings for
can be created.
loaded from a settings
Example of setting
This helps you to send positions to a server.
Fill in all the values you need to connect a server.
This can be done in user profiles. So it's easy to
switch to other server settings.
There is an option to connect the server parallel to
- Server - the server address without the http://
- Port - used port address
- File - file on the server to read the values
- User - the name of the identity parameter
- User Mode - send your IMEI for identity or
define an own value
- User Value - the value for the id
- Password - parameter name for a password
- Password Value - the value for the password
- Use GPRMC, this sends a NMEA sentence, the next
values are not used in this case
- Latitude - name of the parameter
- Longitude - name of the parameter
- Altitude - name of the parameter
- Speed - name of the parameter (value belongs to
the speed settings kmh, knots, mi)
- Direction - name of the parameter
- Time - name of the parameter
- Format - time format (in Java pattern)
Sample settings for a GpsGate server
User Attribute: username
Use IMEI: off
Password Attribute: pw
Latitude Attribute: latitude
Longitude Attribuet: longitude
Altitude Attribute: altitude
Speed Attribute: speed
Direction Attribute: heading
Time Attribute: time
Time Format: HHmmss
- read a missed sms from inbox
- SMS storage - predefined text to send
- Show commands in list
- Automatic send with log
- Select a string to send
- Define the receiving number
- Number to send
- Center on sms position
- Play sound on sms income
The values to fill the IGC log
- Glider type
- Glider id
- Competition class
Plugins for AFTrack
are program parts of AFTrack that comes in an extra app container. This
saves space for the main app and not all users will need it. They are
not visible in a app launcher but in system settings dialog for apps.
All plugins work with all AFTrack versions
- uses the SailTimer
Wind Instrument™ to work with wind data and uses the SailTimer™ wind cloud
SailTimer™ Chart Loader - US, CA, UK, NZ charts download for an area
- download track direct into AFTrack from MTK gps chip
- get pressure values from BlueSysVario sensor hardware
Vario - using altitude and/or gps data, see at Flytec
- show car info on map
Get a discount on the SailTimer
Wind Instrument™ as AFTrack user.
Video how to design a route
Video how to sail with
AFTrack to a way point
Video how to plan
route with AFTrack and wind information
Video how to
calibrate a bitmap as map
Video how to plan a route with BRouter
Pdf how to work
Pdf how to work with
Html how to use AFTrack when sailing
Html how to install an own GPSD on RasPi
Html how to install an ADSB service on RasPi
Html how to install Signal-K on RasPi
Short Message applications can interfere with the
reception of SMS if they occupy the inbox.
Reported are the apps 'GO SMS Pro' and 'Pansi SMS'
and the custom ROM 'MIUI'.
Incoming SMS are not removed after use (since Android
4.4), so use the AFTrack SMS setting 'SMS App'
Since verson M on some Samsung devices the gps logging is broken when in Doze mode. Visit system settings battery and select battery optimization. Now select AFTrack and set it to not opimized. Sometimes only a
complete turn off for battery saving helps.
AFTrack Standard Version
All functions as
AFTrack Lite Version
The lite version differences
- no automatic send via http
- no automatic send via short message
- no template sending via short message
- loads only three offline maps
- has a start screen
- limited export
- no multi track colors
Minimum Android version: 2.1, works best with
version: 4.0 or higher
Android Market and/or Google account: -
Third-party libraries: -
Rooted device: -
Location coarse location, fine location, mock location
Read contact data
for incoming short message
Short message read, write, edit,
Id for the use of protected maps or
sending as an identifier (online settings)
network state, wifi state
Read system log files