AFTrack is the display for your GPS and brings the world of
hiking, biking, sailing, geocaching and more to your phone. The program
handles tracking with smart and fixed logging features. It sends
reports online or via SMS. It receives SMS position messages and shows
it as way points. It exports tracks and way points, uses maps online
and offline and much more.
GPS and other input
- different gps sources: internal gps, internal with NMEA,
bluetooth gps direct, USB gps, online gps over Wifi/3G, NMEA file
- read NMEA, GpsD json, Signal K json, gdl90 protocol
- work as gps daemon (nmea or json, port 2947 only)
- share position (replaces standard gps provider)
- connection with AIS server (NMEA format)
- altitude correction (automatic or manual) and Kalman filter
- pressure usable for altitude (if available)
- pressure start altitude editable
- automatic correction over weather server (needs net connection)
- compute current from COG and CTW
- Mixed mode - read external NMEA but use internal position data
- log all NMEA sentences or selected
- collect track data
- show routes or tracks in up/down hill colors
- add photos to a track
- export tracks to GPX, KML, OVL, IGC format and send or upload it
- import route data - GPX, TCX or KML format
- import, export way points - GPX or KML format
- import areas from KML format
- use a kml.txt format to send exports direct via bluetooth
- design a route or an area on the map
- design a route using BRouter offline data
- design a route using wind information and polar data
- edit a route or an area on the map
- merge some routes
- copy way points to route
- get new way point from bearing, map or position
- add predefined way point collection to map
- revers routes
- Routing in a corridor
- off road routing along the line
- online maps - pool editable, tile or WMS based
- offline maps - OSZ format build by MobileAtlasCreator
- offline maps - SQLite formats mbtiles and sqlitedb build by MobileAtlasCreator
- offline maps - BSB3 format for marine navigation
- offline maps - NV digital for marine navigation
- offline maps - NV charts new tiled version
- offline maps - mapsforge vector format - with extra xml
layouts, language support usable (V5)
- offline maps - mph/mpr format
- offline maps - GeoTiff (partly)
- use offline maps from jpg, png or bmp files
- use offline maps with calibration file map, gmi, kml, kal, cal, pwm,
tfw or jpr format
- make own calibration for a bitmap
- seamless maps display when using OSZ or SQLite tile container
- map selector to have quick access to available offline maps
- map scan for a defined folder and sub folder
- map overlays - online pool editable
- map offline overlays - in mbtiles 'overlay' format
- OpenSeaMap downloader
- scaling charts 2x/4x
- wind indicator for the map or position center
- display depth - if available
- display AIS information, also AIS groups - if available
- display AIS list in profile view - if available
- display ADS-B (air plane) information - if available
- vario display
- vario sound
- alarm on reached POIs
- set anchor alarm for the current position
- set anchor alarm for a way point that receives positions from a gps
- save and restore settings
- send waypoint or anchor alarm to Android Wear
- Online position sending for live tracking
- Online receive way point positions from a GpsGate server
- works as SMS provider (since Android KitKat)
- short message position sending
- short message position receiving
- short message from GPS tracker TK102, TK102-2, TK102 clones, TK-Star,
DNT, ELRO, GEODOG, Benefon ESC, Benefon Trackkeeper NT, WondeProud
spt10, Tracker from tracker.fi, Wo-ist-Lilly or SmartcomGps
- text storage for short messages e.g. for Xexun tracker
- set position from short message
- send sms note to other AFTrack instance and get position back
- collect short messages to a track, single and multi-tracking
- convert received way point history to track
- getting way point positions from a GpsGate server
Google has removed the SMS permissions Info
Send me a mail to go on with SMS tracking write mail
The map view can contain some additional data in a dock.
||Menu with available
- start/stop track
- save a way point
- get the current address
- send a position via short message, online report or share it
- select a dock view
- position center
- map was moved
Select another center logic:
|| route center
||virtual map center
on position and way point
or on multi tracking points
|way point center
|Map direction toggle
- gps direction
- compass direction
||Call the info views
||Add a way point
||Add a way point from
||Add a way point collection at this position
||Search for address
|Bearing to add a way point
||Ruler to check a distance
or design a route or an area
||The points show a route
||The points show an area
||Generate a route for walking
||Generate a route for biking
||Generate a route for cars
||Exact move of route or
|Change route direction
|Share your route / area
||Confirm changes on a way
|Switch to full screen or
||Edit way point
||Switch to Goto mode
on Wind display opens Wind definition dialog
||Start bearing from here
||Move way point position
|Switch to Multi selection
||Set visibility, overlays
for overlays or areas, anchor alarm
||Select a map, change to
way point or area selection
||GPS is valid
||GPS is invalid
|Screen is locked/unlocked
for moving or
tapping on screen
||Track is running
||Route is running
||Back to map view
||Show large cockpit
|Show satellite view
||Show GoTo view
|moves the map
|add way point or search /
to full screen and return
|swipe inwards from left
|swipe left to right
||next dock view
|long press on large
|setup large cockpit, profile or map center view
||hide/enable dock view
|swipe left to right
|next info view
|swipe left / to right
|next info view
|setup large cockpit
|long press on list element
|Menu for this element
Maps are used online or offline (online maps need a net connection).
Parts of an online map are stored on the sdcard to prevent the need for too much data
(or bandwidth). You may define your own entries in
the map definition file (maps.xml is found in
sdcard/data/aftrack/conf). Zoom level goes from 2 to 17.
If the selected map doesn't deliver tiles for the current area you can
define a fall back map server.
definitions of online maps changes occasionally. Here is the latest version - maps.xml
Sample for own
changes in maps.xml:
To make OpenCycleMap
working without ‘api key required‘ overlay modify the maps.xml
configuration file from
filetype="png" minzoom="2" maxzoom="17" cache="cycle" cr="OSM" />
<map label="OpenCycleMap" host="a.tile.thunderforest.com,b.tile.thunderforest.com,c.tile.thunderforest.com"
filetype="png" minzoom="2" maxzoom="17" cache="cycle" cr="OSM"/>
?apikey=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef can be obtained registering
for free to https://manage.thunderforest.com/
Offline maps have to be made in order to use them. Use tools like the MobileAtlasCreator
to get some maps for your area. Files with approximately 5000 tiles are
useful. MobileAtlasCreator, since version 1.8a7, generates files with
tiles packed in a OSZ file (just a zip file with the downloads and a
calibration info file). Place the files on your favorite directory and
load it into AFTrack at the map list.
tiles are written
to a SQLite database,
larger tile numbers
are possible (there are
no tests to the limit, only statements up to 2 GB
from the net ???). Use these formats mbtiles (Mobac:
MBTiles SQLite) or sqlitedb (Mobac:
Big Planet Tracks SQLite, OSMAND SQLite or RMaps SQLite)
Here are Instructions
for generating offline
maps with MobileAtlasCreator
Offline maps without zoom level can be imported
from jpg, bmp or png format. They can be combined with calibration
files in map, gmi, kml, kal or jpr format. The name of calibration and
bitmap file has to be the same. Note: A bitmap is stored completely in
memory, so the hardware determines,
how big can the map (size = X x Y x 4 bytes).
Maps with tfw calibration are stored as UTM coordinates without zone
information - most times. So please place the map window near to the
map before you import it.
When you are working with different maps for the same area and you
don't want to switch to an other map when zooming, please uncheck 'Auto
map' in map settings.
See OSM-wiki for more online references.
RNC nautical charts special
It is possible to use the online overlays from the OpenSeaMap project
with a standard tile server. Or download a part of OpenSeaMap for
Here you find some available sea maps in BSB3 (Raster Navigational Charts)
US area: charts.noaa.gov
New Zealand seems to publish BSB from Nov. 2013 with updates see
Brazil Centro de Hidrografia da Marinha
Europe area: SeaNavCD (German):
Baltic Sea, North Sea, Mediterranean_Sea
or SeaNavCD (English translation)
or OpenSeaMap Export as bundle
Nautical maps are also useable but they need a registration with the CD
The best way is to copy the map files into a folder (e.g.
bsbroot/baltic_1) and scan the directory and the sub folders. When you
also copy the data folder from your chartkit to the sd-card, then
the nautical information is loaded into the database with the scan
For the first installation of chart data there are two ways
1. There is already an installation on the PC
Copy the charts from PC map directory (e.g. C:\Chartkit\Bsbchart to sd
card /maps/ BSBroot). In addition the NV database is required
(e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\NV-Digital\filedatabase.nvdb to sd card
When the chartkit 'data' folder is moved to the phone, the nautical information is written
to the database (e.g. C:\Chartkit\Bsbchart\data to
2. No PC installation, only CD available
The charts are copied from CD (e.g.?:\nvinst\charts to sd card
/maps/BSBroot). Make sure that the file installdata.txt is also copied.
recommend for each CD a subdirectory (e.g. /maps/bsbchart/baltic_1).
The copy of the nautical information is different. See the CD folder
?:\nvinst\data and copy the folder Moorings to
/maps/BSBroot/data/Moorings. also move the content of the folder
DE (or other language) to /maps/BSBroot/data.
For an update copy the charts again to the phone and over write the old
ones. Then do a new scan (found in map settings).
If there is only the update file (MBS-????-201?-??.exe) and no PC
installation please open the file with a zip manager. There you find
the folder nvinst and data for copy
a phone also use
a zip manager (eg
can not organize this new database type but if you have installed the
NV charts app the charts are readable in AFTrack. Just do a scan and
This can be used with the original maps on the mapsforge download
or the maps from openandromaps but to get the full features (coast
line, contour lines) of these maps you will need to load the included
theme file. Just copy one of the xml layouts to the phone and select it
in map settings. When the xml layout contains local referenced pattern
this is also loaded (see as sample the Elevate - Mountain Hike Theme
- just copy xml and folder to phone). You also may use the Elevate 4
version with new features for the maps styling. To get the language
support you have to load a map that carries this information e.g. from openandromaps.
On the phone you may install a theme via the OruxMap or the BackCountry
Nav button. Or the manualy way.
Use the map selector on top for a quick switch
between the available maps at your position (yellow = current map, dark
grey = online map). When online maps are allowed, then the first selector switches to the online
Quick install for mapsforge charts
AFTrack visit the map list. The third button is the downloader. Choose
Mapsforge or OpenAndroMaps and select your favorite chart for download.
It will take some time - OpenAndroMaps needs an unzip process at the
end. Then you will find a new map in your map list.
OpenAndroMaps has some links for overview maps - not in mapsforge
format, but very useful.
Making your own calibration
Start with the import of a bitmap e.g. a picture you made.
Select another map to assist you on the calibration process e.g. a
satellite view for the area you want to calibrate.
In the map list you will see the map with a (nc) sign - which means no
With a long press on the list entry you can start the calibration.
In the center you have the current xy position on your map. You can
move it to a point you need and then start with first button (plus).
This adds a calibration point. there are two ways to work with this
- When you tap on the point you can edit the points coordinates or drop
- Or you select the rectangle button to see the underlaying map. Now
move to the corresponding xy position to your point and say add (plus
button). The underlaying map must be in the area of your new map.
When you have three points you can save the calibration with the ok
Auto map mode
If the 'auto map' mode is selected in the map settings, the program
will select the next map for the current area from the list. When there
are more than one available it's always the first.
To see the selected offline map, just deselect 'auto map'.
Note: 'auto map' always
selects the best scaling map. So if you use different map systems, it
will be better to switch off the 'auto map' function. E.g. you hold a
set of BSB sea maps (which have no zooming) and a mapsforge map (zooms
from level 2 to 22 ) in the same area. So it could be good idea to hold
both in different folders, drop the map list when you want to use a
special map system and rescan the folder for it.
For BSB nautical charts 'auto map' means, if off is selected,
that the map is shown inclusive with the border and nautical
information. Otherwise the map is clipped by the polyline and the next
larger map is shown as background.
Overlays are displayed on top of the current map. There are four
samples for online overlays (only visible where data is
available). Define others in the conf file 'overlay.xml'.
For offline overlays use the mbtiles database format and the type 'overlay'. To
see how to generate this please see here.
Offline overlays are loaded as the other maps. They are marked with a
(o) behind the name. They are found behind the overlay button on the
main map view.
The host definition of the overlay need a refresh sometimes. Here is
the last version overlays.xml.
The transparency for overlays is adjustable.
When using mapsforge latest layouts you will also find there a layout
entry to define your favorite layout elements.Download the plain
Tracks are managed in the track list and some settings in the GPS
settings. Export it from the list by hold the list entry for a longer
time. Exports can be made to GPX, KML, OVL or IGC format. IGC format
needs some settings to be done to get your personal values out.
When depth values are available, they are stored to the gpx export.
It is also possible to collect a track from the incoming short
messages, this can work as single or multi tracking.
for multi tracking are placed in the folder aftrack/conf (file
It is a list of hex numbers. See e.g. HTML Color Codes
Each track point can be send as short message or HTTP
message immediately after generation.
When a track is done it is possible to add the photos taken during the
track time. This generates a link to the photos and places way points
to the GPX export. On the map the photos are shown as icons, tap to see
a preview and tap on the preview to see a bigger view.
Routes are useful to show on the map or to guide you to your targets.
Unlike street routing, it only works with a line.
Corridor routing helps you to stay inside a routing area and warns you
when you move outside. Define the routing alarm distance to get the
To design a new route or area see this video.
Routing with BRouter
First install the BRouter from Google Play
Download the region data you need
In AFTrack select the line button - visible on a long press on the map.
You will see 2 points and a line. Define your route points and select
the route button to get a list with the options to walk, bike or drive.
Then press the search button to get a new route. You can save it by the
ok button or leave the routing dialog.
For wind routing visit the display settings and activate the wind info
and the wind routing box.
When the wind gauge is visible you can tap on it to get a wind info,
This normally shows the weather info from the next weather station. By
select 'internal' the wind gauge shows the wind coming from NMEA data
($--MVR, $--MWD, $--MWV). There is a special plugin for the SailTimer Wind
Instrument™. It gets wind values via Bluetooth LowEnergy.
In GoTo mode the tacking lines are shown from position to the point.
This is also used to get the distance to destination. The starting line
for this is drawn in the background to remember the plan.
A corridor routing is also available to see if the course is still in a
In route planning mode the wind lines are shown from point to point and
the resulting distance is displayed using wind information. Nevertheless
only the points are saved without wind information.
In routing mode the tacking lines are shown for the first
There are small boat settings (in the wind section of
display settings). For now the best angle to the wind is saved and used
for calculations. The best speed is only used when no other speed
information is available.
It is also possible to activate polar data for the speed calculation.
In the GoTo view there is a wind gauge when wind routing is active.
To design a route with wind, see video.
Import an area in the KML format. It can be displayed in different
areas CTR in Germany
for areas is adjustable.
Way points are organized in groups. So define your special interest
group and add some points to it. Use the import of GPS or KML formatted
files or add the point from your gps signal.
It is possible to set an anchor alarm to a way point when you receive
short messages for it.
can be placed in the AFTrack folder
Format must be PNG. The icon names are synchrone to the GPX "sym" or
E.g. Geocache 60x60 or Geocache 80x80
It is possible to insert a group of way points in one step
(collection). This option must be defined in display settings.
There is a text file in sdcard/data/aftrack/conf to define the
way points needed for the collection.
Import way points
Select a group of points and press the import button (arrow down). The
points will get the icon from the group.
By default the location settings of the system are
used. When tracks are
recorded, it is recommended to switch
off the network location.
There are a number of modes for receiving gps data:
- the internal gps
- the internal gps with NMEA data (belongs to the hardware), position
is extracted directly
- an external bluetooth gps device
- USB GPS on devices with usb host mode
- an online gps (gps daemon) with NMEA output (see catb.org/gpsd)
- a file with NMEA data
1. with new provider
Install an extra Bluetooth gps provider from the store.
Start with a pairing of the phone and the gps in the bluetooth settings.
Start the new provider app and select the pairing parameters. Then the
connection can start.
AFTrack will use this position now.
2. with AFTrack
Pair the hardware as before.
Select the bluetooth option in the gps settings and then a hardware
from the device list.
NMEA sentences in use - not that some of these are only available when
AFTrack is connected over WiFi or Bluetooth with a NMEA stream:
$--RMC - recommended minimum data for gps
$--GGA - Fix information
$--GNS - Fix data
$--GSA - Overall Satellite data
$--GSV - Detailed Satellite data
$--GLL - Lat/Lon data
$--HDG - Heading
$--DBK - Depth Below Keel
$--DBS - Depth Below Surface
$--DBT - Depth below transducer
$--DPT - Depth of water (Meter and offset)
$--MWS - Wind & Sea State (wind only)
$--MWV - Wind Speed and Angle (only true wind)
$--MWD - Wind Speed and Angle (only true wind)
$--VWT - True Wind Speed and Angle
$--VWR - Relative Wind Speed and Angle
$--VDM - AIS position and info
$--TTM - Radar AIS
$--TLL - Radar AIS
$--SHR - Heading, Roll, Pitch
$--WPL - Way point
For users with GPSD interest please see these projects:
Build your own GPSD on
Use the OpenSeaMap logger project
Or get ready to use hardware from vYacht, iKommunicate, SailTimer Mini-Server
Best results reported with NMEA to WiFi interface from Comar Systems
Or use SEANEXX AIS-Receiver (USB direct or with wifi module)
Use AFTrack as a GPSD and make your position available to a PC or
tablet without gps.
For testing connect to AFTrack with a telnet program and after
receiving the initial message send a command:
A new variante of data transfer is Signal-K. It uses a JSON format and
send updates over web socket - see signalk.org
Used JSON data parts of Signal-K for self and other vessels (AIS)
reporting can be done manually or parallel to a track.
This needs some settings first.
Incoming messages are checked for gps sentences which are processed if
Since Android KitKat AFTrack can't delete an incoming sms, so you could
set it with a sms provider.
AFTrack also receive SMS reports (select GGA mode) from other AFTrack users and store the incoming
values as waypoints. For the name of the waypoint the phone book entry
is used - if not already there. It is possible to receive the GPS
tracker TK102, TK102-2, TK102 clones, DNT, ELRO, GEODOG or SmartcomGps.
For special functions, there exists a template to individualize the
sending text (template sms.txt is found in AFTrack directory conf). It
contains the all available shortcuts to fill into the message
(latitude, longitude, altitude, date, time, speed, direction and the
address for the position - if internet connected).
If you miss starting a track on incoming position reports then you can
move the history of sms to a track - you will find this on the context
menu of the way point entry.
The receive function can be used as an anchor alarm. Leave a gps
tracker (or a second AFTrack version) on board and set an anchor alarm
for its way point.
requirements for the operation of GEODOG with AFTrack
GEODOG collar with software version
position reports are recognized
in "TrackSMS" mode
. To activate the this module
send a short message with
the following content to the collar
Tracksmson (to switch on)
Tracksmsoff (to switch off)
collar responds with a ready message.
the command is confirmed, the
mode is activated by a
3 second press on
the home button. PLEASE
NOTE: GPS and the Home button indicator
will flash. It hs now made a new GPS fix. Once the fix has been made successfully both lamps
this point on, the collar
sends positions for the
last 30 seconds in a 5 block format.
transmission mode is
switched off with
a short press on the
home button. WARNING: if
the collar runs longer
than 30 seconds
the display goes to
"sleep mode". Before switching
off do a short push on the 'on / off' button.
If no network connection is available, the
tracking data are buffered and sent out later if this is
Online reporting means sending your position to a web site. This
can be done in a single step or automatically with the log. There is a
default setting for www.whererya.com.
It can be done
automatically with the logging function or manually from the menu.
network connection is
available, the tracking data are buffered and sent out later
if this is possible.
It's also possible to share your position using other apps.
- select knots, miles, kilometers per hour, meter per minute or miles
- Distance format as nautical mile, mile or kilometer
Log Mode - handles the different modes for logging
Log Seconds - frequency for logging only used at log on second (values
from 2 to 9999 seconds (30 minutes = 1800)
Automatic selection of a map for the current area. Starts with the
Stop the use of a net connection - use only the cached values
- Big / normal map view
- GPS Mode - select the input device
- GPS Mixed Mode - get external NMEA data but use internal position
- Selection of a bluetooth device (only visible when BT is enabled)
- Option to disable bluetooth after app closing
- Online GPS address and port, TCP, UDP or Signal K (works via web
- Share position (replace internal gps provider)
- Work as GPS daemon (use json or nmea data)
- Start a setting dialog for a plugin (only available when a plugin is
- Log Mode - handles the different modes for logging
- Log Mode SMS - handle incoming sms for tracking
- Log Seconds - frequency for logging only used at log on second
(values from 2 to 9999 seconds (30 minutes = 1800)
- GPS update settings for seconds and distance
- Automatic log at program start
- Automatic export on track end
- use AIS (NMEA format from local server/receiver)
- AIS server and port, TCP or UDP
- this is also usable for ADS-B reports
generated from the dump1090 software(connect to the port 30003)
- Altitude - select meter or feet
- Altitude correction - the altitude correction is used or not
- Altitude correction value for a manual altitude correction. When
defined as 0 then the geo id is used,
Geo id is calculated with formulas and values from National
Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
- Special: when a barometer sensor is found
then here are some more values:
- Use pressure for altitude
- Start altitude for pressure
- Get pressure from the nearest station for correction (needs
net connection, is refreshed every 5 minutes)
- Vario Audio - beeps for sink or climb speed
- Depth - select meter, feet or fathom to display
- Define an offset for the depth
- Position format as decimal degree, degree with minutes, degree with
minutes and seconds or UTM format
- Speed - select knots, miles, kilometers per hour, meter per minute or
miles per minute
- Distance format as nautical mile, mile or kilometer
- Smart angle, the angle for smart logging
- Use filter for altitude, speed, wind to get smoother values
- Speed pause - define the minimal speed
- Use the compass when available
- Use gps direction or calculate the values or calculate it
- show a position history - for orientation on screen
- Write a NMEA log file
- Define a filter to select NMEA data. e.g. "$GPRMC $GPDPT"
writes only these sentences to log file
- Set the distance for the anchorage alarm in meter
Way point settings
- How to display way points on screen
- Define the way point icon position
- Define the minimal zoom level to display the way points
- Show a small line to the way point when in goto mode
- Show start bearing to this goto way point
- Time format in short form
- Use way point collection, shows an extra button to insert a new group
of way points
Fill the configuration file 'wptcollection.txt' with own values
for a collection
On map only the collection is shown, when tapping on icon the
contained way points a displayed
- Load also way points on import of a route
- Track color or 'up/down hill' color
- show only points
- Track line size
- Track restart, generate a new track when x minutes left and run track
is selected (0 = no new track)
- Path for photo scan
- Route color or 'up/down hill' color
- show route direction
- Route line size
- Routing inside a corridor (sends alarm when you get outside)
- Alarm distance for next route point or size of corridor
- import routes without using the date
- opens a dialog for an optional Dock view (track - , route profile,
AIS list, speed -, wind graph)
- auto dock opens a dock view when possible
- Dock button defines a favorite short cut
- Define the values for the 'Mini Dock'
- opens a dialog for AIS settings
- AIS small and scaled icons, shows
of a ship
- Show a path for the moving AIS items or select the path icon
inside the AIS dialog to show only this item with path
- MMSI for own ship to extract value from display
There is also an option to define a
group of AIS items and display it in different color.
Design a text file with name 'aisgroup.txt' and place it into
the AFTrack 'conf' folder.
The content is a list of MMSI in each line
- Label size
- Show view direction on the map
- Center tracks/routes on maps or center the start point
- Start with last map view or last position
- Position pointer format, replace the graphic 'pointer.png' in AFTrack
conf folder for own designed pointer
- Wind indicator - show the true wind direction with tail feathers
- Distance rings - show rings around the
- 10 minutes distance - show where is the next position in 10 minutes
- Radius for virtual map center (km)
- Show wind info for the map center (weather data or internal data)
- Unit for the wind speed
- Wind routing
- Layline on way point - show wind angles for the current way point
(only in GoTo mode)
- Boat settings for best tack angle, max speed on angle, use polar
- Auto dock - display the dock for the 'view on map' function
- change the dock button (map, track, route, way point or area list)
- Set light always on
- Lock the screen tabbing
- Set display orientation (automatic is not working correct on all
- Save the settings
- Restore the settings from file
- Define a scan folder
- Scan the defined folder, this also looks for installed map plugins
and NV-digital charts
- Scan at start (could slow down the app start)
- Clear the cache for the online map store
- Automatic selection of a map for the current area. Starts with the
- Define the cache directory
- Set the cache directory
- Select an online map to use as a fallback map when the selected
online map is not available in the current area
- Stop the use of a net connection - use only the cached values
- Set the position of the zoom buttons to the left side
- Load a new layout for the mapsforge maps (just place the layout xml
and the icon folder where you like)
- Define the text size on mapsforge maps
These settings are for getting way point positions from a server.
Before start a GpsGate connection fill the settings for the server.
profiles can be created.
A profile can be loaded from a settings file
Example of setting
This helps you to send positions to a server.
Fill in all the values you need to connect a server.
This can be done in user profiles. So it's easy to switch to other
There is an option to connect the server parallel to the logging.
- Server - the server address without the http://
- Port - used port address
- File - file on the server to read the values
- User - the name of the identity parameter
- User Mode - send your IMEI for identity or define an own
- User Value - the value for the id
- Password - parameter name for a password
- Password Value - the value for the password
- Use GPRMC, this sends a NMEA sentence, the next values are
not used in this case
- Latitude - name of the parameter
- Longitude - name of the parameter
- Altitude - name of the parameter
- Speed - name of the parameter (value belongs to the speed
settings kmh, knots, mi)
- Direction - name of the parameter
- Time - name of the parameter
- Format - time format (in Java pattern)
Sample settings for a GpsGate server
User Attribute: username
Use IMEI: off
Password Attribute: pw
Latitude Attribute: latitude
Longitude Attribuet: longitude
Altitude Attribute: altitude
Speed Attribute: speed
Direction Attribute: heading
Time Attribute: time
Time Format: HHmmss
Short Message - only with Plugin
- read a missed sms from inbox
- SMS storage - predefined text to send
- Show commands in list
- Automatic send with log
- Select a string to send
- Define the receiving number
- Number to send
- Center on sms position
- Play sound on sms income
The values to fill the IGC log
- Glider type
- Glider id
- Competition class
Plugins for AFTrack
are program parts of AFTrack that comes in an extra app container. This
saves space for the main app and not all users will need it. They are
not visible in a app launcher but in system settings dialog for apps.
All plugins work with all AFTrack versions
SailTimer™ - uses the SailTimer Wind
Instrument™ to work with wind data and uses the SailTimer™ wind
Calypso Ultrasonic - uses the Calypso
Ultrasonic Wind Instrument to work with wind data
MTK - download track direct into AFTrack from MTK
BlueSkyVario - get pressure values from
BlueSysVario sensor hardware
SensBox Vario - using altitude and/or gps data,
see at Flytec
OpenUV - get the UV index data from OpenUV.io - needs net
Grib - show info about wind, current or swell on the map or wind box. See also.
Video how to design a route
Video how to sail with
AFTrack to a way point
Video how to plan route
with AFTrack and wind information
Video how to calibrate a
bitmap as map
Video how to plan a route with
Pdf how to work with wind
Pdf how to work with way
Pdf how to use some special functions (anchor alarm/geo fence alarm, NV digital charts, geo tracker, wind info
Html how to use
AFTrack when sailing
Html how to
install an own GPSD on RasPi
Html how to
install an ADSB service on RasPi
Html how to
install Signal-K on RasPi
Short Message applications can interfere with the reception of SMS if
they occupy the inbox.
Reported are the apps 'GO SMS Pro' and 'Pansi SMS'
and the custom ROM 'MIUI'.
Incoming SMS are not removed after use (since Android 4.4), so use the
AFTrack SMS setting 'SMS App'
Since verson M on some Samsung devices the gps logging is broken when
in Doze mode. Visit system settings battery and select battery
optimization. Now select AFTrack and set it to not opimized. Sometimes
only a complete turn off for battery saving helps.
AFTrack Standard Version
All functions as described above.
AFTrack Lite Version
The lite version differences
- no automatic send via http
- no automatic send via short message
- no template sending via short message
- loads only three offline maps
- has a start screen
- limited export
- no multi track colors
Minimum Android version: 4.0 or higher
Android Market and/or Google account: -
Third-party libraries: -
Rooted device: -
Location coarse location, fine location, mock location
Read contact data for incoming
Short message read, write, edit,
Device Id for the use of protected
maps or sending as an identifier (online settings)
Access network state,
Read system log files